The Liebster Award is an honor that is passed from one new blogger to others for exposure. The rules are, in a blog post you must answer 10 questions and provide a link to the person who nominated you. Then you nominate 10 new blogs and pose them 10 new questions of your own. It’s an amazing idea that benefits new bloggers by providing exposure and a solid network of fellow bloggers.
In return, we are nominating the the following 10 blogs:
- Tania Rose’s TRE Photography. She’s a zoologist who’s also a photographer and filmmaker.
- Tony Winn’s Tony’s Bologna. Very cool satire articles here.
- Sophia Harvey’s blog. She’s a writer and filmmaker!
- Jacquie Robinson’s blog full of photography!
- Delnolan’s blog. He’s a short story writer.
- Joshua and Michaela’s travel and lifestyle blog Moose Studio.
- Rebekah Williams blog Oh Nine Ten. There is awesome photography here.
- Lisa Morrow’s author blog. She has advice on how to become a writer and publishing.
- Monika and Naman’s blog Expresso Words. Great movie reviews here.
- Heesun and Sharon’s blog Me Want Travel. They document their journey to 100 countries.
We are asking the questions:
When Kelanie and I first started the Sharpen Experiment, we decided that we wanted to document our process of making 10 short films. Blogging seemed like the perfect outlet and so far it has been amazing.
I love to watch short films and read movie scripts. There is so much inspiration in the work of others. Also, I spend time free-writing.
I would really love to meet Stephen King. He has inspired me beyond any other writer so far.
I love that I’m close to everything. In just a short drive I can be in LA, at the beach, in Las Vegas, or in San Diego.
I wanted to be a lawyer because my brother wanted to be one. But that fell through and gave me a chance to realize what my talents were, which is writing.
Kelanie and I worked really hard trying to find a name. We picked Sharpen because it’s a photo editing tool that’s used constantly. It sharpens your image and makes it better. We chose experiment because our journey is one huge experiment. Put together, Sharpen Experiment is us becoming more clear about our passion and perfecting our journey.
I love Final Draft Writer. It’s perfect for screenwriters because you can write any time, any place. It makes the creative process easier.
I would love to see our blog reach even more filmmaking amateurs. We love being an amateur film blog because we want to share with others the mistakes and success we’ve had so that we can help others.
1. Who is your favourite blogger?
Alaina Kaczmarski and Danielle Moss from The Every Girl.
2. What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
It’s fun to share and connect with people I wouldn’t normally have the chance to.
3. How did you choose your blog niche and name?
Alyssa and I spent quite a while trying to figure it out. My favorite tool in photo editing is Sharpen because it makes the image clearer. We thought it would translate perfectly with our idea of becoming sharper filmmakers.
4. Who has inspired you the most in your life and why?
Tough question, I think it’s not a person but many books I’ve read.
5. What song/album would be the soundtrack of your life?
Right now, “A Origem da Felicidade” by Celso Fonseca.
6. What do you hope to be doing in 5 years time?
I have no idea what I’ll be doing in five years. I just know I won’t be staying still.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Iceland or Norway. I think it’s such a mystical place. I would explore a lot.
8. If you could ask one person one question and be guaranteed an honest answer, who would you ask and what would the question be?
I would ask Reed Morano about her cinematography secrets!
9. If you could have any celebrity be a subscriber and regular reader of your blog, who would it be and why?
Probably Jack and Finn from Jacksgap because they produce amazing content and it would be great if they became part of my blog’s community.
10. If you could go on a travel photography trip to anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
I would go to Thailand!
The following questions were asked to us by Off the Sidewalk (answered by both)
1. What prompted you to start your blog?
This ten short films in a year thing is crazy enough, we had to share!
2. What one thing makes childhood memories comes rushing back in, bad or good?
When Alyssa and I brainstorm ideas for short films the memories come rushing back.
3. Who is your secret celebrity crush?
Not so secret: Jared Leto.
4. Who is your favorite author and why?
Jane Austen. She wrote very strong female characters.
5. What is the best advice anyone has given you?
“You have to be vulnerable in order to tell the best stories.” Rajeev Sigamoney (film teacher).
6. What is your all time- watch it every time it is on, movie?
I absolutely love The Dark Knight. I probably have the entire movie memorized. I think it’s a brilliant movie. I feel the same way about The Lord of the Rings series.
7. What is the most delicious food you have ever eaten?
Pasta. Any kind of pasta. It’s hard to go wrong with a good pasta dish.
8. What is your favorite quote and by whom?
‘Half-written screenplays never sell’ – Blake Snyder. I find it extremely inspiring when I feel like giving up halfway through my script.
9. If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
Right now it would be Stephen King. Long live the King!
10. What is your favorite post that you’ve written?
As of now, we really like the post, The Illusion of Normality.